Product Spotlight: ASCO Lead-Free Solenoid Valves
Regulations to prevent lead in devices used for potable water are becoming a normality to enhance safety. This regulation update poses a new design challenge for OEMs. To comply with these regulations, ASCO has lead-free valve options including stainless steel, lead-free brass and composite. These valves are equipped with a range of certifications for the potable water industry including UL, NSF and CSA.
To assist OEMs with selecting the right lead-free valve for their application, ASCO has a library of resources including this white paper, “Understanding the new lead-free water system regulations – and choosing valves to comply.” Download it today. For a brief overview of the lead-free options that comply with federal regulations, see below.
Lead-Free Brass Solenoid Valves
- Meets low-lead requirements of the United States Federal Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- Eliminating the need to perform complex wetted surface area lead content calculations specified by the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- Simple and straightforward installation
- Standard constructions UL and CSA approved
- Variety of pipe sizes (1/8-1 inch) and configurations
Composite Solenoid Valves
- Tested and certified by NSF International
- 100% lead-free valve constructions
- ASCO’s versatile FasN™ connection system offers piping connections available in:
- Turn & Lock
- NPT Thread
- Solvent Bond
- Ideal for water purification, conditioning and distribution with reverse osmosis systems
- Variety of pipe sizes and configurations
- Various maximum pressures up to 150lbs.
Stainless Steel Solenoid Valves
- Lead-free construction
- Rugged housing
- The industry’s broadest choice of characteristics in categories including:
- Pipe size
- Pressure or temperature ratings
- Flow coefficient (Cv)
- Some NSF International tested and certified options
- Available in higher temperature and pressure ratings
For more information regarding the ASCO lead-free solenoid valve options, download the catalog.
Lakeland Carries Over 2,000 ASCO Today Products and 50,000 ASCO 5Day Products
Lakeland has partnered with ASCO for more than 60-years to offer customers the solenoid valves their applications demand. Our team is well-versed and has a close-knit relationship with ASCO to provide crossover and application assistance. From lead-free, explosion-proof, water-tight and stainless-steel, Lakeland can deliver the valves you need to achieve optimal operational efficiency. Request a quote or application assistance today by emailing email@example.com.