Safety and reliability are key factors to consider when selecting a limit switch for your hazardous location environment. These switches are expected to operate in the midst of explosive, polluted, and hazardous environments. This often results in more electronic failures and breakdowns. The series or model of limit switch selected must be able to withstand these conditions and most importantly, meet hazardous location use approvals.
Lakeland’s over 60-year supplier, Honeywell, shares the importance of selecting the right limit switch for your industry and application in their white paper, “How Limit Switches Can Stop Machines from Going Boom.”
This article gives an overview on the importance of limit switches in hazardous location environments and examines:
- How to select the right limit switch for your industry and application
- What safety approvals to look for
- Their wide variety of form factors, switch actuators, contact and housing materials and sealing options and what that means for your application
- Design elements to extend product life
At Lakeland, we are proud to offer our customers the complete Honeywell MicroSwitch product line designed to provide superior interlocking and position monitoring. What sets us apart from other distributors is our knowledge, local and consistent support, relationship-oriented sales team and more.
Why Customers Come to Lakeland
- 50,000+ MicroSwitch products
- Over 1 million limit switches sold
- Application assistance and crossover capabilities
- Over 60-years of trusted experience with the Honeywell product line
Download the white paper to learn more about limit switches for hazardous environments. To view Lakeland’s full-line of limit switch inventory, shop our products. If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us today. Lakeland carries thousands of in-stock products that aren’t currently listed online. We’re available to provide a custom solution, application assistance, or answer product questions.