Supplier Spotlight: Hirschmann ™ a Belden Brand
Industrial Networking Solutions Including Managed and Unmanaged Industrial Ethernet Switches
Hirschmann ™ is a technology and market leader in industrial networking, carrying advanced products ranging from industrial Ethernet switches, connectors and FiberINTERFACES. Hirschmann ™ strives to deliver complete, secure and integrated solutions for data communication and is built to withstand harsh environments.
Hirschmann ™ has a proven track-record of quality, unmatched reliability and innovation. Pioneering the industry standard for Ethernet as the preferred means for industry networks, they have continued to develop leading technologies for customers who are looking to take advantage of connectivity and networking solutions in a variety of applications. One of their product offerings is unmanaged industrial Ethernet switches.
Hirschmann ™ Unmanaged Industrial Ethernet Switches
Hirschmann’s line of industrial-grade unmanaged switches are a cost-effective way to utilize Industrial Ethernet technology without compromising on quality and reliability. One of the product lines within Hirschmann’s unmanaged Ethernet switch portfolio is the SPIDER-Switch. The SPIDER is versatile and can be used for both harsh environments and where switch management is not needed. Lakeland currently has demos of the SPIDER switches – contact us to see one of the demos.
SPIDER Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Benefits:
- Ability to transfer large amounts of information
- Built-in plug and play technology
- Extremely compact
- Easy to install
- Maximizes network availability
- LED indicator for power, status and data rate
- Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and PoE ports
- Compatible with patch and cross-over cables
- “PRO” variants include process certifications and PROFINET Conformance Class A
- “PRO” variants include configurable switch functionality
Hirschmann ™ Managed Industrial Ethernet Switches
In addition to unmanaged switches, Hirschmann™ also offers managed Ethernet switches that are easy to configure and offer an integrated password controlled web interface for secure and remote configuration through the network. Within this product portfolio is the BOBCAT, the next generation compact managed switch and their newest product release.
Benefits of the BOBCAT Managed Ethernet Switch:
- First industrial switch that provides advanced security and real-time communication through time-sensitive networking (TSN) for standard Ethernet usage on any application
- Limits downtime
- Advanced security
- Increased bandwidth and speed capabilities
- Hardware-supported time synchronization in accordance with IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol
- Simplified migration with interoperability with legacy systems
- Robust design for harsh environments
The Belden Brand – Connectivity and Networking Solutions
In addition to Hirschmann ™, Lakeland Engineering Equipment Company is also a distributor of Belden wire and cable, Lumberg Automation wiring solutions, Tofino Security and GarrettCom. Look to Belden for products to connect and streamline your processes. Learn more about their brands, product lines and solutions by visiting belden.com. For application assistance and in-person support, contact your local Lakeland sales representative.